The above photos represent acceptable photos. If you prefer, you can have your photo taken by
one of the many retail establishments offering passport photo services. Many of them are able
to provide you with a digital copy of the photo, which you can then easily upload to our system.
To begin, click on the “Get Started Now” button located on the Home page. Please refer to the
list below for complete instructions regarding your photo upload.
Size and File Type
- Dimensions of at least 300 x 370 pixels at 300 dpi.
- In JPEG format. A sample file name is: Photo.jpg
- No larger than 6Mb in file size.
- Passport style, color and taken in the last 6 months.
- Background of a light, solid color.
- No borders, no shadows
- No filters.
- Image should be properly focused.
- See examples of well-composed/unacceptable photos.
Click to see examples of well-composed/unacceptable photos
- Ensure that you are the only person and that there are no obscure objects in photo.
- No hats or sunglasses. Eyeglasses should be worn if normally used. Headpieces are
acceptable if worn daily for religious purposes.
- No glare on eyeglasses if applicable.
- Head should be positioned directly facing camera, centered and compose 80% of image.
- Eyes open and looking at camera.
- Have a natural expression.
- A natural expression is encouraged
- Brightness and contrast should be adjusted to present the subject and background accurately
- Photos without proper contrast or color may obscure unique facial features
- Color should reproduce natural skin tones of subject
- Fluorescent or other lighting with unbalanced color may cause unwanted color cast in the photo
- Subject's head should be positioned directly facing the camera
- Photo should capture from slightly above top of hair to middle of chest
- Eyes should be open and looking at the camera
- Eyeglasses should be worn if normally used by the subject
- Do not wear sunglasses
- Glare on eyeglasses can usually be avoided with a slight upward or downward tilt of the head
- Background should be plain white or off-white
- Include headpieces if worn daily for religious purposes; they should not obscure or cast shadows on the eyes or any other part of the face
- Over- or under-exposure may render the photo unusable
- Facial features of subject should be clearly evident in the photo
- Lighting should be adjusted to avoid shadows on the face or background
- High-resolution photography is strongly recommended
- Digital photos should be produced without discernible pixels or dot patterns
- Fine facial features should be discernible
- The entire face should be in focus
- No red eye or flash reflection
- Do not wear costumes or hats
- Do not have any other object or person in the picture
- Photo must be in color
- Photo must be taken in the last 6 months and must be in likeness of your current appearance
By submitting this photo for your Campus Card you agree this photo may be used by Carleton University. Please contact the InfoLink Campus Card Service Centre if you have questions about this
policy at 613-520-3547 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To begin, click on the “Get Started Now” button located on the Home page.