To begin, click on the “Get Started Now” button located on the Home page. Please refer to the
list below for complete instructions regarding your photo upload.
If you prefer, you can have your photo taken by
one of the many retail establishments offering passport photo services. Many of them are able
to provide you with a digital copy of the photo, which you can then easily upload to our system.
Size and File Type
- You will be asked to upload both a photo of yourself and a signature.
- Minimum 300 x 370 pixels at 300 dpi.
- Format must be jpg (lowercase). For example: photo.jpg
- Maximum 6Mb.
Click to see examples of well-composed/unacceptable photos
- Photo should be in full colour and of high quality to avoid any visible pixels.
- Photo must be taken in the last 6 months and must be in likeness of your current appearance.
- Head should be positioned directly facing camera, centered and compose 80% of image. Photo should capture from slightly above top of hair to middle of chest.
- No other person or object should be partially or fully in the picture with you.
- Have a natural expression - smiling is allowed.
- Subject (you) is in clear focus and distinguishable from the background. Solid colour backgrounds are best.
- No photo filters may be used. Brightness and contrast should be adjusted to present the subject and background accurately. Colour should reproduce natural skin tones of subject.
- Facial features of subject should be clearly evident in the photo. Lighting should be adjusted to avoid shadows on the face or background, red eye, or any glare on eyeglasses.
- Eyes must be open and looking at the camera. Glasses must not be tinted unless worn daily for medical purposes.
- Hats and head coverings must not be worn for the photograph on the Campus Card, unless it is worn daily for religious beliefs or medical reasons. The individual’s full face must be clearly visible and the head covering must not cast any shadows on the individual’s face. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you wear head coverings that also cover the face daily for religious reasons.
- Signature must be in your own handwriting (not typed).
- Signature must be in black ink on plain white paper.
- Signature must match the photo identification that will be presented when picking up your card.
By submitting this photo for your Campus Card you agree this photo may be used by Carleton University. Please contact the Campus Card Office if you have questions about this
policy at email@example.com.
To begin, click on the “Get Started Now” button located on the Home page.